Outfit Inspiration: Swinger of Birches

If you thought that red and green is a combination of colours reserved solely for the Christmas season, I will try to prove you wrong with this outfit from last year. I think the devil is in the detail: this time around, in the exact shades of red and green. See, the Christmas colours tend towards cooler side of their colour families. Cold meaning blue based. They are fresh and crisp. When you pick shades that are yellow based --meaning they are warm and a bit dulled down --like I did for this outfit, the whole association attributed to this mix of colors fades. Dusty --but strong--colours like these remind me of old library rooms and shelves covered with heavy tomes --and, well dust. Pretty much like in the iluustration that I chose as my inspiration.

Follow

3 comments

  1. It looks as though you like similar colours to me. I adore warmer toned/dusty shades and the colours in your outfit look lovely. The devil is definitely in the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! And so not christmasy :) I love all these colors, with the autumny feel to it. Congratulations, great outfit and a fantastic picture!

    ReplyDelete