Outfit: Love is forever

Late For Tea dress in pink velvet (sample for sale, size S, please contact me if interested), 
old coat and socks, blouse c/o Romwe, beret from Rossmann, tiny rose earrings and scarf (both a gift), booties

In all this chill and cold (boy, it was really freakin' cold when we were taking these!) we get this one day that is supposed to bring out all the warmth that lay in our hearts. I guess it's as good an excuse as any to talk about love on the blog, too.

And that's quite a topic, no? To be honest, love's a feeling that's always been with me, in one form or another, and I don't think I've ever experienced anything in a larger range and known anything more multi-dimentional... It is a special feeling on its own but for me personally, it's my main drive. Whatever I do, I do out of, because of or for love. And while that sounds pretty darn poetic, I can assure you that it's really not.

Contrary to this sugary outfit, I don't believe love's all smiles and roses. Sure, there are moments of being in love with someone or something when everything seems to fall into place and I am just happy. Plain and simple. Which is beautiful as hell and I'm pretty sure there's nothing better in the world --that's probably why I crave it so.

But other than that, love is all things soft and hard: it's pain, it's blindness, it's rejection and denial. It can be a shameful thing and a part of myself that I hide to a fault. It is work and a duty and a quest for limitless patience. It's also everyday warmth and understanding and taking in of another person just the way they are: the biggest gift I could ever give or receive.

Most of all, though, I think it is knowing myself --that goes in line with the last sentence. I believe if we are to take someone in completely and unconditionally, we need to know ourselves. That is because no matter how much we love, we can never know another person fully. They are not us and we are not them. We need to know our boundaries as well as our personal wants and needs and we should not confuse those with the things that the other person wants and needs --nor should we try to impose on the other person what we think is good or bad for them. We may be together but we are separate identities with different experiences and requirements and hopes and dreams. So it's either in or out. There are no prerequisites and clauses or ifs and buts. Love should never be given as a reward just as much as it should never be taken away as a punishment. Either you love, or you don't. Mistakes happen. If there is love, love is forever.

Wearing the Late For Tea dress in pink velvet (sample for sale, size S, please contact me if interested in buying), old coat and socks, blouse c/o Romwe, beret from Rossmann, tiny rose earrings and scarf (both a gift), booties.

Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! Love this outfit and your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So happy to hear that!

      Delete
  2. First off, your dress is gorgeous! I don't think I ever would have imagined the LFT dress in pink velvet, but it's really lovely.

    Second, the last four sentences of your post struck a chord with me. I don't think I've heard love described that way, but I think you've put it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Devinne! Haha, yes, it seems to work well with different fabrics and colours :D.

      I'm really flattered that what I wrote resonated with you. I think I'm mostly writing to myself so if something comes through, I'm double glad.

      Delete