Outfit: Juliet in red socks


Since we shot these photos on the balcony, I couldn't pass up on an opportunity to make an allusion to the most famous balcony person, Juliet. But the post title as far as I'm going to go. I'm no Juliet. Even though I'm prone to sudden and highly romantic feelings and dying of love is definitely one (or many) of my most cherished moments, I certainly don't feel like a drama heroine. I'm dressed rather practically if you consider the weather, my granny's warm hat does not scream 'a damsel in distress' either. Our balcony has been a lovely place to spend the morning or drink tea in the afternoon all summer and we're reluctant to leave it now that the low temperatures arrived. So, definitely a hat is in order, as is the warm sweater and a nice soft blanket.

socks c/o HappySocks, sweater, hat my granny made, thrifted oxfords and jeans, mug

I find I've been switching my regular skirts to jeans more often this autumn, for practical reasons (gained a bit of weight in recent months and it's kinda hard to wear all the pieces with a cinched-in waist), but I still refuse to start dressing in a manner that I would consider bland. Black jeans are such a neutral piece that I felt they called for something quirky to liven them up. That's where interesting socks come in! The pop of red between two blocks of black (jeans and oxfords) make this otherwise simple outfit interesing and fun. I also like how the red of the socks plays together with the red of the tiny tulips on my sweater.

By the way, I was stoked when HappySocks contacted me and asked if I was interested in working with them because both my fiancée and I have been wearing their socks for years. They have awesome, fun designs --interesting takes on classic ornaments, like this argyle design, as well as creative and imaginative forms, like these autumn-themed socks. They wash well, the colors don't bleed and stay vibrant even after many washes. I don't think I've had to throw away any of the pairs that we've been wearing so far, and some of them date 3 years back if not more! At the moment they're having a flash sale of their most popular designs and I'll definitely be grabbing a couple of pairs for Bartek and myself.

I'm wearing socks c/o HappySocks, sweater, hat my granny made, thrifted oxfords and jeans, mug.

Photos by Bartek.

Follow

7 comments

  1. Cześć,
    Czy można te skarpetki kupić z jakąś rozsądną ceną przesyłki? Co prawda do Katowic nie mam bardzo daleko, ale zawsze lepiej coś dostać kurierem, niż tracić pół dnia na zakupy.
    Pozdrawiam,
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parę firm prowadzi HappySocks w Polsce wysyłkowo, np. Mustache, Showroom, znalazłam też koloroweskarpetki.pl. Może znajdziesz w ich ofertach pary, które Cię zainteresują :).

      Delete
  2. uroczy sweterek :)
    pozdrawiam serdecznie :)
    woman-with-class.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki, jestem nim zauroczona :).

      Delete
  3. Beautiful vintage-y sweater! And the whole outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy with the purchase of this sweater, it's so cute and warm :).

      Delete
  4. I love Happy Socks ♥! In fact, I have a huge collection of socks because they indeed make an otherwise bland outfit more colorful/interesting :)

    I love that sweater btw ♥

    Sora | http://dangerouslyme.com/

    ReplyDelete