Outfit: Witchy ways

Just as summer means adventures for me in the real, tangible world, autumn means journeys on other levels. It means stories written and told, it means imagination running wild and extraordinary thoughts taking form. I'm not sure I've ever mentioned it on the blog, but I used to be very much into esotheric knowledge when I was younger. I guess growing up immersed in folk tales and imagining fairies hidden behind every rock on your path can do that to you when you grow up a little. I would read every book about the subject I could put my hands on: fairytales, fantasy, even some practical magic handbooks. Still when I was a kid, I received a marvelous gift in the form of a book on divination --a heavy tome that to this day sits on my shelf, falling apart after years of constant re-reading. My interest waxed and waned through the years, and it now mostly lingers half-forgotten in the depths of my mind. Although I still own a small library focusing on everything that is magical in this world, the most used cards in my house are those I play patience with and all my old 'grimoires' gather dust. I will occasionally open the bag with my tarot deck, just to see if that old bastard is still as talkative as he used to be.

Still, autumn brings back memories and opens eyes to possibilities, and especially on grey and rainy days it makes me feel magic in the air.

dress c/o VipShop, thrifted vintage boots and backpack, old cardigan (similar) and necklace, thrifted scarf

Come to think of it, in a way, you could say that as my iterests shifted, style has become my belief system. It's a thing that turned out to be a strong support and a line of defense. As such, I know it can morph into many images --and there are certain kinds of clothes that will always feel a little more extraordinary than others. Wearing this dress, I couldn't help but feel a little magical again. There is something mysterious about the way the light plays on this fabric, shining softly on the folds as I move, as if some fairy dust sat there on the surface. When I was ordering from VipShop, I thought it would be a nice, albeit simple black dress to wear easily with a denim jacket and a pair of boots. What I received far surpassed my expectations. The fabric of this dress is lightweight viscose with nylon, it's silky to touch and almost opalescent without being over the top in any way. When I first wore it on a warmer day, simply with a pair of loafers, two independent people commented on how magical it looked. Perhaps then, this is the perfect Halloween dress! It can turn you into a witch or a sorceress without you even trying.

P.S. I have a message from my sponsor for today, VipShop.
Get $5 OFF on orders over $50 at us.vip.com with code Klara762.

I'm wearing a dress c/o VipShop, thrifted vintage boots and backpack, old cardigan (similar) and necklace, thrifted scarf.

Photos by Bartek.

Follow

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colors! Autumn hasn't come to where I'm yet, so thank you for the digital autumn instead,

    ReplyDelete