Outfit: Blue period


a skirt I made from self drafted pattern, Book of Deer blouse (sold out), thrifted purse, Clarks mary-janes,
'Oh God, Undo' pin

Recently, I've been wearing blue constantly. It's the no-brainer colour that I pick unconsciously and wear it with anything. It actually blew my mind when I noticed the pattern and checked how much I've been wearing it recently. Blue is like a well-trodden track. Whenever I try to do something else, try a different colour, I keep stumbling back into the same old road that I've already travelled. As much as it irks me to do the same thing time and again, I do find a kind of nice, homey comfort in wearing different pieces in different configurations with one theme that never changes: blue colour. If it wasn't for this blog, I might have mentally adjusted to this uniform and never cared.

But keeping my blog in mind, I want to get out of this stylistic rut. So much so, that I gave myself a nudge in the ribs (if that sort of contortion is even possible) and dyed my hair. Check my instagram stories (@arobotheart) for some hints as to what the new colour is because I won't be showing it on the blog for a week or two more (not that I'm being mean, it's just that I have a queue of photos taken with my natural colour waiting to be published).

I'm wearing a skirt I made from self drafted pattern, Book of Deer blouse (sold out), thrifted purse, Clarks mary-janes, 'Oh God, Undo' pin.

Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment