Outfit: To navigate is necessary


I made this skirt last year for my birthday. I was super lucky to score this vintage cotton that had the print going in a circle --obviously intended for sewing a circle skirt. It was a rare find and I was very happy to get it. I spotted a skirt made out of the same print (although in different colorway) in one of my 1970s/1980s Burdas so that dates it to back then. What I bought turned out to be three half-circle pieces that were hacked badly on one side. It took some fiddling but I was able to match the print nicely and make this rather full skirt! I love the colorful boats cruising on the water, with seagulls floating in the air above them. I have a thing for sailing-related prints and fashions. As of late, I also have a thing for sailing itself, in the literal sense but I also like to use it as a metaphor. You know, in my head, for personal associations. So, when I spotted the Handful of Magic necklace, one of the new pieces in Good Looking Objects' recent collection, I immediatelly thought of the Rose of the Winds. Surely, the star in the palm of the hand could be seen as a spark of magic but to me it said: to navigate is necessary. As I find myself in a moment of life where I am indeed starting to navigate and make my way in the world, I like to think of this necklace both as a reminder of my aims and as a talisman to aid me in achieving them. It is a thoroughly magical necklace after all!

I'm wearing a skirt I made from thrifted vintage cotton, vintage blouse, Good Looking Objects neckace, old backpack (similar style), old flats (similar), thrifted hat (similar).


I'm wearing a skirt I made from thrifted vintage cotton, vintage blouse, Good Looking Objects neckace, old backpack (similar style), old flats (similar), thrifted hat (similar).

Photos by my boyfriend.


Follow

Comments

  1. It looks so cool. You can recognize that the material of skirt and blouse is really of high quality!
    See you,
    Karo
    http://inkpotstories.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment