Outfit: Her leaves


I am often drawn to ethereal dresses: chiffon or lace, flowy and translucent, airy and lightweight. By "drawn" I mean I love looking at them. I am well aware, though, that it's not a style I can pull off. I lack any kind of ethereal-ness in my facial and body features. Wearing a delicate piece of clothing, I don't do it justice --and neither does it me. I don't mind! It's simply good to be aware of what I have and what I don't, and to pick the pieces that suit me well. Where my features are sturdy enough to match lush velvet, gorgeous brocade and multi-dimensional jacquard with ease, someone else might look stunning in flowy, airy, pastel dresses that are reminiscent of mermaids and spirits and all things slightly out of this world.

So, nothing of the sort for me. But drawn I still am.

And so, I've always watched Chicwish with much awe and a great sigh. They have the most beautiful selection of soft, airy and chic dresses. I was thrilled when they contacted me and offered to send a piece of my choice. I knew there had to be something among all the ethereal pieces to match me, I just had to look. And I did find one most perfect dress: almost see through but still of a strong structure. Lace, yes (well, guipure to be exact), but in a definite shape of leaves and not too delicate. Light but not pastel --and with a sweet print of daffodills. This is one dainty look that I can pull off!

I'm wearing a dress c/o Chicwish, vintage flats, bag (sold out, similar, similar).


I'm wearing a dress c/o Chicwish, vintage flats, bag (sold out, similar, similar).

Photos by my boyfriend.


4 comments:

  1. Yet I think you pull this dress off perfectly <3. To me you have a very ethereal figure! I myself don't know where I stand. I love wearing dresses, but I always feel like I'm huge? I have broad shoulders and am tall so... it's a weird feeling I guess :P



    http://www.dangerouslyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A completely delightful dress, and it does indeed suit you perfectly. We are very alike in terms of what suits us - I too am drawn to ethereal styles, but I also know that they do nothing for me - so I always find your insights into how to make a certain style work for you very helpful.

    ReplyDelete