Outfit: Almost an adult


As I quickly approach my 32 birthday, I look back at how my style has changed in the past year and I wonder how it will change in the future. Don't get me wrong, I have no plans on steering away from my usual silhouette of fit and flare or loose top and fitted bottom. I love a good skirt into which to tuck a blouse and I would pick a dress instead of a pair of jeans any day. What I keep wondering about is the details, though. The prints, the colours and the accessories. May I wear a cutesy combo of pink and blue? Can I pull off a silly novelty print? Does a bow in my hair become me? Or, more importantly, do I want to wear those things? Do I still like them?

Well, this outfit is the embodiment of my full answer: both the stubborn "yes!" and the silent but firm "no". The black, the shoes, the shirt... those all count as "adult" clothes in my book. Even my face seems kinda mature in all the black and with the bold lip. The print on my shirt, though... Well. You get the picture! I still want to add some whimsy to my everyday clothes. I guess as long as I consciously decide what makes me feel good and what defines me, it's all good. I wouldn't want to steer away from this perspective, ever.

I'm wearing a skirt I made, blouse c/o Shein (also available in white and short sleeved), necklace, yellow bag (sold out, similar, similar), old shoes (similar).



I'm wearing a skirt I made, blouse c/o Shein (also available in white and short sleeved), necklace, yellow bag (sold out, similar, similar), old shoes (similar).

Photos by my boyfriend.


Follow

2 comments

  1. Your style and level of photogenic...ness...lady!!!! I am in AWE!! Also I 100% need this shirt. LOVE this look!!!

    ReplyDelete