Outfit: Dyeing to see you

a skirt I made, blouse c/o Romwe (dyed), old dyed cardigan (similar), old shoes and purse, thrifted hat

What do you do with a piece of clothing that has the greatest shape and fit and structure but the worst colour? Well, I don't know what YOU do with it but I dye it. In the case of this outfit, two garments were dyed: the cardigan and the blouse. Both were gifted to me and, well, not the colour I'd hoped for. I look good in icy pink but not in salmon pink... which both of these pieces were. I debated for a while what to do about them and decided that I would've liked them a lot if they were, say, navy blue. I have a thing for navy blue recently.

It's really easy to dye things at home, you know? Throw them into your washing machine together with the dye, set the temperature according to washing instructions from your clothes and an hour later you get a dyed garment! In the case of my cardigan it worked perfectly because it's 100% cotton --fully natural fibres dye easily and evently. The blouse is a mix of cotton and some polyester so it dyed differently and personally I love this slightly melange effect and the lavender colour that came out. And the best thing about dyeing is that you're getting a piece of clothing that you really, really like!

Wearing a skirt I made, blouse c/o Romwe (dyed), cardigan gifted by my boyfriend's parents (similar), old shoes and purse, thrifted hat.

Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

3 comments

  1. Klara!
    Wow!
    What a perfect outfit. I'm seriously in awe of your styling skills. I love everything about this. From the colours ;) to the shape of everything.
    Hope you're doing great.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I had never really thought of dyeing things. Now I'll have to keep that in mind when I go to the thrift shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they turned out! I never think of dyeing clothes or fabric, but after seeing these, maybe I should try that next time I have something that I don't like the colour of.
    Also, I love your floral skirt too. It's a very pretty ensemble.

    ReplyDelete