Outfit: I made a wool skirt

skirt I made from thrifted wool, sweater c/o Shein, old blouse and beret and oxfords, vintage belt, beet pin


I can't remember when was the last time I showed you an outfit that was as casual and print-less as this one! To be honest, I think I kinda get lost easily in all the intricate embroideries and quirky prints and inventive cuts... and I often forget how a simple ensemble like this one feels like a breath of fresh air after all the excentric attire. Style can be a refuge but it can also be a bit suffocating at times. I think everything gets this way after a while of repeating, at least to me.

Anyway, I was keeping my eye on this style of skirt that's been popping up all round the blogosphere in the last year or two and I finally decided to make one like it for myself. Naturally, I leaned towards printed fabrics first... but after a while, I decided to go with this grey wool: warm and simple. Also scratchy, which meant I needed to add lining to the skirt, which I usually refrain from (I prefer using slips). All in all, I'm really happy with this little number and I would gladly make more of it, it's just such a pleasant design to sew up... if you want one, let me know! I can whip it up for you in any fabric --printed or solid --you like!

Wearing a skirt I made from thrifted wool, sweater c/o Shein, old blouse and beret and oxfords, vintage belt, beet pin

Photos by Karolina.

Follow

6 comments:

  1. That's a great color combination on you! I really love the shape of the skirt and that you made it from recycled fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was surprised to see this navy blue work so well with mustard. It's a nice combo :). I can't get enough of this skirt either!

      Delete
  2. Loving the look! Even if it's not printed, it's so "you"! ^^. I love how the skirt turned out by the way :D

    http://dangerouslyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I'm glad you still feel like this is "me" :). Love the skirt too much, can't stop wearing it!

      Delete