Outfit: It's frightfully difficult to be a lady

Wearing: coat c/o SammyDress, thrifted wool skirt, old cardigan and scarf, booties c/o Rosegal, embroidered blouse, hat knitted by Granny

It's officially the new year, can you tell? It's good to start a new year with some new things and I did just that: I went for a pixie cut after years of sporting long (or at least longish) hair. It feels so good and right. I can't remember the last time I was so certain of a style choice. That's refreshing.

Also refreshing is my new coat. I've never had a coat this long and once I received it, I was thinking of shortening it but now I'm not so sure. It looks elegant this way.

Also, fun fact. Consensus on wearing long coats seems to be you need to match them with a pair of rolled up jeans. Or at least that's what pinterest and google told me when I was looking for inspirations, as one does when one is a proficient (?) fashion blogger and gets confused by a new piece of wardrobe, like I do. Well, I tried the long-coat-rolled-jeans look and let me tell you it was a freakin' disaster on me. Stumpy short legs anyone? I opted for a tea length skirt instead because I sometimes get those heavy vintage vibes that I can not help but give in to. I'm not sure this is the way you're supposed to wear a coat like this. But it works for me so I don't really care if it looks dated or anything. I think it's ladylike. I'm a proper short haired lady now, so back off.

Wearing: coat c/o SammyDress, thrifted wool skirt, old cardigan and scarf, booties c/o Rosegal, embroidered blouse, hat knitted by Granny

Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

8 comments

  1. It looks really ladylike as you said but this is your style and I can´t imagine you wearing jeans with this coat.
    The haircut looks great - I had the same thought but I haven´t been so brave. Maybe next time.
    Have a nice day
    Karo
    http://inkpotstories.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your haircut and your coat is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost never comment on blogs (I know, I'm one of those readers) but I love your haircut so much I had to!! It's a perfect cut for your retro style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love how this haircut changed your look. Fabulous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cheerful coat! And the haircut is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look AMAZING! I love your pixie, and that coat is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've styled this coat with the longer skirt- it's definitely not "dated" at all!
    Also, I love your new hair cut too. It suits you really well. I had a pixie last year, and am just growing mine out now (I needed a change too!), but I absolutely loved it while I had it.
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete