Outfit: Been a while

handmade skirt, faux leather jacket, blouse, booties c/o RoseGal, old scarf

It's been a while since I've worn a flared skirt like this one. A staple that they were somehow turned into a style I find myself gravitating towards less and less often. So this outfit was a kind of a test to see if I can still pull them off. Can I? You be the judges.

Anyway, I made this skirt out of a stiffer kind of vintage cotton embroidered with small flower bouquets. I usually cling onto special fabrics like this and keep them hidden well so that they can be preserved for a time when I'm sure what I want to do with them. I always knew this piece was supposed to be a skirt, I just wasn't sure what kind of skirt. I took the plunge on a recent night and whipped up this simple gathered 3/4 circle skirt and it's just fine that way. I was too hasty to insert in seam pockets so as an afterthought there's a patch pocket in the front.

I have decided that since I'm not going to wear this skirt --I love it but it somehow doesn't suit my style --you can buy it off me if you like it! Waist measurement is 70 cm/27.5 in. Closes in the back with metal zipper and a button. It's $45 and I'm throwing in a separate slip because this one's unlined. If you're interested, just message me and we'll settle the details!

Wearing: skirt I made from vintage cotton. Also wearing: faux leather jacket, blouse, booties c/o RoseGal, old scarf.

Photos by my boyfriend.


Follow

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful skirt, and yes I do think it suits you visually. You know for yourself what you like of course! :-) love those little flowers, so cute! I like the patch pocket as well, it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww yaay another cute short haired blogger!! *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. po prostu wow ! przepiękną masz tą spódnicę ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Podoba mi się spodniczka ;)) pozdrawiam serdecznie :) woman-with-class.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Świetnie połączyłaś tą wzorzystą spódnicę z czernią ;)
    PorcelainDesire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that skirt! It is so romantic and the detailing is like a poem.

    Always love your posts!

    ReplyDelete