Porto Botanical Garden

What do you do when you are like me and you don't like to do the regular sight-seeing but are in a foreign city and actually feel like you should go out and see something? You go out wandering. Take the first street around the corner and see where it leads you. Or look around and just go in the general direction of a place you can see from afar that interests you. You go on, look at the everyday stuff: blocks of flats, stores, markets, cars and people and notice things and details. Anyway, that's what I do.

And that's pretty much how we ended up in the Botanical Garden in Porto.

I wanted to get on top of the nearby hill because it was so spectacular from beneath, you know, just a wall of rocks with a couple of small houses overlooking from the top. So we went down one street and then another, and passed some weird neighbourhood with scary-looking buildings that made me think of some of the darker places here in Warsaw, but then we turned around the corner and some clean and posh houses appeared and that made me think "this is totally unlike Warsaw". Then we walked some more and came by a large open gate (not a sight often seen in Porto!) leading to some greenhouses and we were intrigued. We entered and then there were cacti!

Needless to say, we never made it to the top of the hill. But the botanic gardens were a wonderful spot that I'd love to visit again. I think the Portugese really have an eye for arranging greenery. All the parks and gardens we've seen were breathtaking.

I am wearing: a skirt I made myself from a self drafted pattern and thrifted wool.
Also wearing: a tee from a local supermarket, moon necklace, pin bought in Porto, thrifted jacket, old shoes and purse.
Photos by my boyfriend.

What do you do when you are like me and you don't like to do the regular sight-seeing but are in a foreign city and actually feel like you should go out and see something? You go out wandering. Take the first street around the corner and see where it leads you. Or look around and just go in the general direction of a place you can see from afar that interests you. You go on, look at the everyday stuff: houses, blocks of flats, stores, markets, cars and people and notice things and details. Anyway, that's what I do.

And that's pretty much how we ended up in the Botanical Garden in Porto.

I wanted to get on top of the nearby hill because it was so spectacular from beneath, you know, just a wall of rocks with a couple of small houses overlooking from the top. So we went down one street and then another, and passed some weird neighbourhood with scary-looking buildings that made me think of some of the darker places here in Warsaw, but then we turned around the corner and some clean and posh houses appeared and that made me think "this is totally unlike Warsaw". Then we walked some more and came by a large open gate (not a sight often seen in Porto!) leading to some greenhouses and we were intrigued. We entered and then there were cacti!

Needless to say, we never made it to the top of the hill. But the botanical garden was a wonderful spot that I'd love to visit again. I think the Portugese really have an eye for arranging greenery. All the parks and gardens we've seen were breathtaking.

I am wearing: a skirt I made myself from a self drafted pattern and thrifted wool.
Also wearing: a tee from a local supermarket, moon necklace, pin bought in Porto, thrifted jacket, old shoes and purse.
Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

4 comments

  1. Uwielbiam Twoje zdjęcia, jak zawsze przepiękne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a beautiful place to visit. Also, I really like the style and colour of your coat- so pretty for falltime!
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete