Lost in the gardens

I'm falling in love with Porto more with every passing day. I feel like walking a dream city where exciting surprises are waiting for me at every corner.

When we first made our way to The Crystal Palace Gardens, the sun was already setting and we have soon found ourselves looking for a way out under the quickly darkening skies. Each path looked promising and we followed all of them--but none lead to the exit! Instead, we discovered gardens upon gardens of fairy-tale quality: filled with tiny stone towers and mysterious gates and lush greenery and quiet ponds overlooked by pensive figures... When we did find a gate leading out of the park, it opened to the narrowest little cobblestone street lit by yellow lights here and there and dotted with doors and windows, some abandoned and dark and others lively and warm. A perfect small evening adventure.

Check back tomorrow for more photos from the beautiful gardens.

I am wearing a dress I made from vintage wool crepe from a 1960s pattern (the bodice is the same as this one and this one, I chose to add a circle skirt this time) and a sweater I made from wool knit and based the pattern on a sweater that I owned.
Also wearing: jacket, moon necklace, old boots, thrifted purse.
Photos by my boyfriend.
I'm falling in love with Porto more with every passing day. I feel like walking a dream city where exciting surprises are waiting for me at every corner.

When we first made our way to The Crystal Palace Gardens, the sun was already setting and we have soon found ourselves looking for a way out under the quickly darkening skies. Each path looked promising and we followed all of them--but none lead to the exit! Instead, we discovered gardens upon gardens of fairy-tale quality: filled with tiny stone towers and mysterious gates and lush greenery and quiet ponds overlooked by pensive figures... When we did find a gate leading out of the park, it opened to the narrowest little cobblestone street lit by yellow lights here and there and dotted with doors and windows, some abandoned and dark and others lively and warm. A perfect small evening adventure.

Check back tomorrow for more photos from the beautiful gardens.

I am wearing a dress I made from vintage wool crepe from a 1960s pattern (the bodice is the same as this one and this one, I chose to add a circle skirt this time) and a sweater I made from wool knit and based the pattern on a sweater that I owned.
Also wearing: jacket, moon necklace, old boots, thrifted purse.
Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

4 comments