I read much of the night and go south in winter

I'm not much of a traveller. I like t stick to places that I know. I like my mountains and my wild lands and I'd choose them over any new spot anytime. But sometimes it's good to broaden one's horizons. So here we are in Porto, Portugal. To my utter surprise, I love it so far. The city is calm and strangely familiar, the people are very nice if a little reserved (which is good in my book) and they look fabulous.

We've got two weeks ahead of us here that we want to spend on exploring the city and its neighbouring areas. Mostly we just want to relax. It's been two years since we've had decent vacations (remember our stay in Bracciano, Italy in 2014? Yup, that was it). I think we deserve this break now, especially with the new and exciting (and most probably exacting) work that each of us has planned for the next year.

On a side note, I'm wearing a denim pinafore that I made before we left Poland. Lots of top stitching on this one! Not that bad, either, although I definitely need more practice. I'm also wearing a necklace from Good Looking Objects --I can't seem to part with it these days, it's just so beautiful and versatile. It's tiny but it's got lots of character. It's a
that little spark I need to liven up even the simplest outfit.

I'm wearing a dress I made from vintage denim that was a gift. I drafted the dress myself.
Also: Good Looking Objects necklace, old shoes, old purse, thrifted top.
I'm not much of a traveller. I like t stick to places that I know. I like my mountains and my wild lands and I'd choose them over any new spot anytime. But sometimes it's good to broaden one's horizons. So here we are in Porto, Portugal. To my utter surprise, I love it so far. The city is calm and strangely familiar, the people are very nice if a little reserved (which is good in my book) and they look fabulous.

We've got two weeks ahead of us here that we want to spend on exploring the city and its neighbouring areas. Mostly we just want to relax. It's been two years since we've had decent vacations (remember our stay in Bracciano, Italy in 2014? Yup, that was it). I think we deserve this break now, especially with the new and exciting (and most probably exacting) work that each of us has planned for the next year.

On a side note, I'm wearing a denim pinafore that I made before we left Poland. Lots of top stitching on this one! Not that bad, either, although I definitely need more practice. I'm also wearing a necklace from Good Looking Objects --I can't seem to part with it these days, it's just so beautiful and versatile. It's tiny but it's got lots of character. It's a
that little spark I need to liven up even the simplest outfit.

I'm wearing a dress I made from vintage denim that was a gift. I drafted the dress myself.
Also: Good Looking Objects necklace, old shoes, old purse, thrifted top.

Follow

4 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! It looks like a really lovely place to visit.
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this is perfect. You look radiant and beautiful. I love your hair like that and the dress is sooo cute.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how lovely! The colors in these photos are so crisp and striking, I love them! I'm glad you're enjoying a nice break in Portugal--I hope the rest of your vacation is divine!

    ReplyDelete