I pushed off the pier

If you've been following this blog for a while now, you know I'm not one for strictly casual looks. Sometimes, though, I do slip into a more relaxed silhouette and when I do, my choice of pieces is usually skinny jeans and a shirt finished off with a long cardigan.

It's not that I can't relax in my usual style --on the contrary! Dresses and skirts are about as comfortable to me as sweatpants to any other person on the planet (on a side note, I despise sweatpants with my whole heart, I'm terribly sorry, just a look at them makes me cringe). But sometimes it's more comfortable to blend in rather than stick out. It's not a matter of physical comfort but rather of the emotional kind. By choosing certain clothes, I can easily create a comfort zone around me that that helps me feel a little untouchable. And we all need that feeling from time to time, am I right?

I'm wearing old jeans and boots, thrifted purse, vintage belt, a shirt and a cardigan from a local supermarket.
Photos of me by my boyfriend, others by me.

If you've been following this blog for a while now, you know I'm not one for strictly casual looks. Sometimes, though, I do slip into a more relaxed silhouette and when I do, my choice of pieces is usually skinny jeans and a shirt finished off with a long cardigan.

It's not that I can't relax in my usual style --on the contrary! Dresses and skirts are about as comfortable to me as sweatpants to any other person on the planet (on a side note, I despise sweatpants with my whole heart, I'm terribly sorry, just a look at them makes me cringe). But sometimes it's more comfortable to blend in rather than stick out. It's not a matter of physical comfort but rather of the emotional kind. By choosing certain clothes, I can easily create a comfort zone around me that helps me feel a little untouchable. And we all need that feeling from time to time, am I right?

I'm wearing old jeans and boots, thrifted purse, vintage belt, a shirt and a cardigan from a local supermarket.
Photos of me by my boyfriend, others by me.



Follow

3 comments

  1. I totally understand you. Although I recently started to get into a more relaxed style - oversized second hand sweaters and knit skirts - I still don't do "mainstream casual". I wear lipstick everyday and always compose my outfits carefully. Although I love comfy sweat pants when at home. It gives me a nice contrast to the "outside world", where I don't dress casual or always try to have my outfit on point.

    ReplyDelete