Remix: long cardis

outfits 1, 2, 3

With sweater weather officially here (it might even be too cold to go out in just a sweater anymore...), I thought it was a high time to do a remix post about my numerous ways of wearing sweaters and cardigans. I have to tell you that this layered look is among my personal favorites. When I was looking for cardigans to feature in this post, I came across about a dozen different pieces that I've worn in many ways here on the blog! So I had to settle for just a few.

outfits 1, 2, 3

One of my favorite cardigans are those longer ones that come way below my hips and end mid-thigh or lower. It's a very easy to wear trend and I have just about one rule that I follow when styling it: I like to wear it so that it matches the hem of my dress/skirt or exceedes it. Sure, you can wear it on top of a longer skirt, where it doesn't cover the lower layer entirely -- I like that mostly with midi skirts. With those that end above the knee, I think the matching length looks best on me. It's a matter of proportion, as always.

outfits 1, 2, 3

This last cardigan was very long when I bought it and I felt a bit weird wearing it because I felt it looked heavy on me. So I hemmed it shorter - easy to do! Just cut 2 or 3 cm below where you want it to end, then turn the fabric and use a zig zag stitch on your machine to sew the raw edge in place. It now works good with my mini skirts. Again, it's a matter of proportion. That's what I think you should look for when styling a piece like that.

outfits 1, 2, 3

With sweater weather officially here (it might even be too cold to go out in just a sweater anymore...), I thought it was a high time to do a remix post about my numerous ways of wearing sweaters and cardigans. I have to tell you that this layered look is among my personal favorites. When I was looking for cardigans to feature in this post, I came across about a dozen different pieces that I've worn in many ways here on the blog! So I had to settle for just a few.

outfits 1, 2, 3

One of my favorite cardigans are those longer ones that come way below my hips and end mid-thigh or lower. It's a very easy to wear trend and I have just about one rule that I follow when styling it: I like to wear it so that it matches the hem of my dress/skirt or exceedes it. Sure, you can wear it on top of a longer skirt, where it doesn't cover the lower layer entirely -- I like that mostly with midi skirts. With those that end above the knee, I think the matching length looks best on me. It's a matter of proportion, as always.

outfits 1, 2, 3

This last cardigan was very long when I bought it and I felt a bit weird wearing it because I felt it looked heavy on me. So I hemmed it shorter - easy to do! Just cut 2 or 3 cm below where you want it to end, then turn the fabric and use a zig zag stitch on your machine to sew the raw edge in place. It now works good with my mini skirts. Again, it's a matter of proportion. That's what I think you should look for when styling a piece like that.

Follow

No comments