Mood Indigo

When I first wore this jumper, my boyfriend remarked on how unobtrusive the "happy" caption looked. The juxtaposition between the meaning of the word and the deep blue colour it is written in is something I actually like. It seems fitting: it's my kind of happy, coloured blue. Me and happiness --we don't stick. But that's ok, you know? I've always wondered what people meant when they said they want to be happy in their lives. It's kinda cliche, isn't it? I mean, what does it really mean to be happy? Is is worry free? Is it blissful? Joyous? I don't get much of these and I don't believe you can live your whole life pursuing happiness. I enjoy my life, as nervous and chaotic it is. I like that it's almost never boring. I just rarely feel happy. And that's fine. Let no one tell you what you should do with your life. Question the seemingly obvious things. Not everyone can be happy and there's nothing wrong with that. There are so many other things to be.

I am wearing a skirt I made this spring from a self drafted pattern. The fabric is thrifted upholstery weight cotton jacquard.
Also wearing: jumper, jacket, oxfords from Capsule Vintage and a thrifted blouse.
Photos by my boyfriend.
When I first wore this jumper, my boyfriend remarked on how unobtrusive the "happy" caption looked. The juxtaposition between the meaning of the word and the deep blue colour it is written in is something I actually like. It seems fitting: it's my kind of happy, coloured blue. Me and happiness --we don't stick. But that's ok, you know? I've always wondered what people meant when they said they want to be happy in their lives. It's kinda cliche, isn't it? I mean, what does it really mean to be happy? Is is worry free? Is it blissful? Joyous? I don't get much of these and I don't believe you can live your whole life pursuing happiness. I enjoy my life, as nervous and chaotic it is. I like that it's almost never boring. I just rarely feel happy. And that's fine. Let no one tell you what you should do with your life. Question the seemingly obvious things. Not everyone can be happy and there's nothing wrong with that. There are so many other things to be.

I am wearing a skirt I made this spring from a self drafted pattern. The fabric is thrifted upholstery weight cotton jacquard.
Also wearing: jumper, jacket, oxfords from Capsule Vintage and a thrifted blouse.
Photos by my boyfriend.

Follow

3 comments:

  1. Oh Klara, I´m reading sewing blogs for years now and never stumbled over yours so far. What a shame! `Cause this really is one of the best blogs I´ve ever seen! You´re so incredibly beautiful and the pics are a dream. I love to read your writing and I just read myself through numerous pages of your blog! I´m utterly and fully impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a sweet outfit! I'd say on happiness, that if that is what you are chasing all your life, you might just end up seriously disappointed. :(

    ReplyDelete