A cozy interruption

Those of you who have been following this blog for a longer while may remember that aside from sewing, I do all sorts of manual works: I crochet, I knit (albeit badly), I used to draw and paint, I worked with wood, dabbled in felting, did some printing and tried my hand at numerous other things that you can do with, you know, your hands. I guess if I have a talent, this is it.

Also, we've been redecorating our (rented) apartament. Nothing much, really, because we don't want to invest money in a flat that isn't our own but we bought a bed. Yes, a bed. I mean, for the last one and a half a year we've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Was it a high time? It was high time. So now that there's a bed, it needs a nice throw. I decided I'd make one. I'd crochet one. Yes. I would crochet a large bed throw. Because apparently I have all the time in the world.

I did start! And then I came to the inevitable scarf moment. You know? That moment when you make a strip of fabric that is large enough to wrap yourself in? That's also the same moment when you think actually maybe it's not such a great idea to make a throw because, you know, who's got the time for that?

So yeah. I made a scarf. And I definitely need it because it's been cold. It's warm and soft like a bunny's butt.

And I'll make that throw another time. From different yarn that is warm and soft like little fox's butt (it's reddish).

I am wearing: a scarf I made myself using thrifted yarn. Also a thrifted cardigan and a dress c/o Dressfo.
I took the photos myself.


Follow

4 comments

  1. Yup. I know exactly the moment you are talking about. It makes an incredible scarf though!

    www.theclassyjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness. You look sooooo super cozy in your knitted scarf. I actually made my parents a throw as a Christmas present a very long time ago when I was still in high school. Took months! It started off well, but by the end, I must have gotten tired because the knitting had gotten so loose that one end of the throw was much, much longer than the other. Hahaha. Needless to say, they don't keep it around anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf is a fab, but wait you took the photos yourself? Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete