2015 WRAP UP: SEWING

Happy new year! Now that 2016 is upon us, I wanted to wrap up some of the things I showed you on the blog last year.


The first thing I wanted to review are my sewing endeavours! Sewing has become so important to me this past year, as evidenced by the amount of clothes I'd sewn just for myself as well as those I made for others. So... without further ado, let me show you what I sewed.

Spring
Left to right, first row: 1, 2, 3, single photo, third row: 5, 6, 7.

Out of these, the skirts were a definite hit. I wore the yellow gingham skirt so much that I finally made a remix post with it! The splatter print blouse was a complete miss, though, and I never wore it although I have no idea why because I still think it's totally cute.

Summer
Left to right, first row: 1, 2, 3, second row: 4, 5, 6, third row: 7, 8, 9.

In the summer I did my first and second take on trousers. Shorts, actually. And they turned out to be really nice and easy to make. That white dress was probably my fastest make, I put it together in a few hours I had just before heading out to a summer solstice party. The blue floral dress was a miss, though. Absolutely cute and... well, I had nowhere to wear it to. And the gorgeous floral skirt... The fabric got so disappointingly washed out after just one cleaning that I don't even want to look at it anymore.

Autumn
Left to right, first row: 1, 2, 3, second row: 4, 5, 6

I think my favorite makes of the year happened in the autumn/winter. I've finally unleashed my love for plaids and the outfits I put together with them were by far the most satisfying. All of these makes are something I can't stop wearing --I'm getting a little tired of them already, because they are in such high rotation.

Sewing for others
Wedding dresses 1 and 2.


These two wedding dresses are definitely my biggest accomplishment of the year. I am so proud of them and I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to make them for the two gorgeous ladies who wore them on their special day. Honestly, in my whole life I've never had the pleasure to work with more mannerly and lovely clients. 

There were more things I made for other people, as well as other small things I sewed -like a bag or a simple refashion. And I'm glad I did them all, together with all the stuff pictured above. I feel like I've gained a lot of experience this year, I have learned an enormous amount of important things and I'm ready to gain even more knowledge as I go on. Because I definitely want to go on! I can't wait to sit down at my sewing machine and start something new.

I now wonder, out of these makes, which ones were your favorite? What would you be curious to see me make this year? Feel free to let me know, I'd be thrilled to read all your ideas!

3 comments

  1. Happy new year! I absolutely love the splatter print blouse by the way, I think it suits you very well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twój blog to prawdziwa perełka w blogosferze.

    ReplyDelete