2015 WRAP UP: OUTFITS&MORE

I picked some of my favorite outfits from the past year for today's wrap-up post. 

Sometimes it was the photos that made me like a shoot more than others, sometimes it was the outfits themselves but all in all, I think the layered looks were my favorites, no matter the season. 

I feel like this year marked a subtle shift in my style. I wore separates almost all of the time, when in the past years, I used to wear more dresses. I also cut down on my flared skirts and went for more modest silhouettes.

Winter and Spring
Left to right, first row: 1, 2, 3; second row: 4, 5, 6.

I loved the photos taken in the old abandoned house that we visited in early spring (photo number 3). I remember how freezing it was! But it was totally worth it to get cold for these dreamy photos. Also our stay in O. was so pleasant that it's only natural that I look back fondly at the photos taken there (photos number 5 and 6).

Summer and Autumn
Left to right, first row: 1, 2, 3; second row: 4, 5, 6.

I have to admit that I'm not into my summer photos as much as into others. I've said it before and I'll say it again: so much heat doesn't let you style stuff in ways that are interesting. Autumn was great, though, with all the layers and scarves that I like so much.

Other things...
But my blog is a bit more than just sewing and outfit photos. This year I talked about two topics that are enormously important to me: ethical fashion and body positivity. I wrote at length about my year-long commitment not to buy clothes. I will do a follow-up on it soon so stay tuned, a lot of interesting thoughts there after four months in! I also wrote about my approach to body --and told my body story  as well. I was a bit uneasy about it at first but then your answers started appearing and thanks to your support I was reassured I did a good thing to write it. 

Which takes me to this next topic: I was so thrilled to receive such great feedback from my readers in all instances. Really, you guys amaze me and I'm so happy that you come here and leave your thoughts. A lot of times your comments make me realize new things or ponder more on topics that I thought I had already made up my mind about. It's great to have people like you here: smart, funny and empathetic. Thank you for being here with me, I am truly grateful for that. Here's to another great year together!

Now, I'm planning some changes to Robot this year, both to the visual side of things and the content. I hope I can steer clear of overdoing stuff and from being overly perfectionistic. If I do something silly, though, I hope I can count on you guys to tell me!

Follow

2 comments

  1. Klara, Twoje zdjęcia zawsze są tak piękne. O outfitach już nawet nie wspominam, bo mi serduszko topnieje jak na nie patrzę. W takim zestawieniu to tylko ooochhham i achhhham <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely post and a lovely look back at the wonderful outfits of yours over the year. I disagree with you on the summer outfits though, I think they were great and I think you styled them in a lovely way.
    I especially loved your body story post.
    Keep up the good work, you're amazing!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete