Back at the palace

We've spent the last few days at my boyfriend's parents' in Opolskie Voivodship. I've already told you how different and beautiful it is to me, being a sort of a mountain girl myself. It is constantly intriguing to explore the area and find new places, and visit those we've already seen during other seasons.


My favorite way to learn about an area new to me is to walk around or drive around and just acquaint myself with the atmosphere and landscape. I don't care much for seeing all the monuments and travelling by the book. I'd much rather go out in search of a beautiful view and an exciting new ruin to explore. I admit, I'm quite an abandoned places junkie. So, every time we get here, we go for long car rides and watch the landscapes fly by us and change, and stop on our way when we spot something interesting.


One of our regular stops is this amazing palace from 17th century located in Starościn. It is a large, beautiful building placed in a mesmerizing park full of ancient trees, some of them very unique to our country, like a cigar tree, an American tulip tree and Brewer's weeping spruce. There is a ruined chapel hidden away in the park and you can even catch a glimpse of the previous owners' coffins if you take a peek through a small crevice in the substructure of one of the walls (sorry if this is TMI for you, I happen to be a sucker for these slightly creepy things). The palace itself is currently abandoned and, sadly, closed for visitors. That didn't stop us from taking photos in fron of it, of course. If you ever happen to be somewhere nearby, make sure to visit this place and take a walk in the gardens, it's one of the most astonishing places I've seen. I've already told my boyfriend, the Fish, that he was lucky the palace wasn't built in the mountains because if it were, he'd have to buy it to me because I want to live there.

Dress: made it myself
Pattern: free pattern from SewMag
Fabric: thrifted
Flats: old
Belt: no name
Jacket: no name
Follow



facebook
bloglovin
pinterest
instagram
tumblr
email

18 comments:

  1. Jakie piękne miejsce! Cudowne zdjęcia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miejsce jest obłędne. Uwielbiam tam wracać.

      Delete
  2. This looks stunning - the location, the dress, everything! So dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredibly beautiful there.

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful dress you made! The cut and length is really quite nice and feminine. I like the red tulip print too. I wish I had places like this I could explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a last year's make! I like it a lot and wear it often, just don't show enough of it on the blog :).

      Delete
  4. Klara jak pięknie, jak klimatycznie. Te miejsca przyciągają Cię chyba jak magnes :) Cudowne zdjęcia. Robią wrażenie jakbyś wyłaniała się z jakiegoś snu niczym zjawa z przeszłości.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oj tak! Gdybym mogła, to całe życie bym się szwendała po takich miejscach :). Dzięki, Asiu!

      Delete
  5. Amazing place and photos!
    Tons of kisses,
    Alina
    alinasays.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Co za cudowne miejsce!
    Piękna sukienka, bardzo wesoły materiał. No i te buciki... Ślicznie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Materiał to typowa obiciówka, ale nie mogłam się powstrzymać przed uszyciem z niego sukienki, uwielbiam takie printy :D.

      Delete
  7. These photos look straight out of a dream. Beautiful! The dress matches the scene perfectly!!

    saralilyphoto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara Lily! I did think the dress would sort of blend with the surroundings but it actually looks really dreamy.

      Delete
  8. I love love love these photos so much. They really are like paintings, very picturesque castle and place. That dress is fantastic, you look lovely as always. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete