Well, it's been busy few weeks, that with moving to my mother's to take care of her cat while she's away, finishing my project before going on hiatus till October, sudden appearance of a stray puppy at our house and all the turmoil it causes, and all the stuff that has been happening along the way. I also got my hands on a few vintage sewing magazines from late 50s and early 60s. And while the constant spinning of things and people and animals around me doesn't seem to cease, I still managed to cut out some time and sew two dresses.
The pattern came with no instructions and since I'm not an experienced seamstress, I got quite a lot of trouble, especially with those weird sleeves. I also scavenged the internet for clues how to sew them on but found no help. So I just fugured out I'd sew them in the best way I can think of and never let anyone see the inside of the dress which, by the way, looks all messed up. The outside, on the other hand, looks a OK. And since that was what I was looking for, I'm pretty happy with the result.
You can see the original drawing below, marked as Abb. 1. I decided to remove the pleats in the upper part of the bodice --they made the bodice way too loose for my liking (and my bust).
Take a look at the close up of the fabric. Lovely cotton printed with different herbs and their names. When I saw it, I had to buy it and sew a dress with it. It was easy to sew with, not much fringing, no slipping. It's not the most lightweight fabric out there and woven a little loosely but that's ok.
Dress: made it myself
Pattern: Praktische Mode 5/61, Abb. 1.
Fabric: bought on Allegro/PASMASZ